Friday, August 17, 2012

Modern Baker: Incredibly Moist Chocolate Cupcakes

It's another Modern Baker recipe. We're baking in the cakes section and I'm making more cupcakes. These incredibly moist chocolate cupcakes absolutely live up to their name. The chocolate cake melts in your mouth. I'm finding I really enjoy cake recipes that include sour cream as this one does.

The cupcakes were a hit. The icing is a chocolate fudge icing and was a little finicky. I actually made it twice. The first time after I made it I looked down and found I'd made soup. Since I was frosting for an event that morning I quickly went to work on a second batch. I was careful to cool the chocolate and cream mixture more completely before combining and I also reduced the cream liquid into the chocolate. This batch came out much better but still a bit runny. As I finished up I found my first batch had thickened to an almost useable point. I think a note on the icing to remember that it needs to be *completely* cooled before determining consistency is important.

The fudge icing was good, although I personally would prefer the confectioners' sugar icing from the golden cupcakes on these cupcakes in the future.

1 comment:

  1. You and your chocolate!! lol You are making great progress in this section!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails