Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cupcake Cones for the Olympics

The celebrate the beginning of the Summer Olympics we baked cupcake cones with red, white, and blue sprinkles! I followed Martha Stewart's recipe. The cupcakes were delicious and the process was beyond EASY. I had no idea cupcake cones were so easy and fun!
Here's Penelope eyeing the filled cones before they go into the oven. I know your question- Don't the  cones burn in the oven. Well, no, they don't. I don't know why, but they just don't.
We enjoyed our cupcake cones after dinner while we waited for the opening ceremonies to begin. I wish I could say that my kids were captivated by the Olympics. They weren't. They watched a little and asked some questions but just were not into as much as I expected. Oh well. In 2 years we have another shot with the Winter Olympics.

2 comments:

  1. love the idea of cupcake cones.. they look so colorful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered why those cones don't burn or darken as well. It's a mystery. I love the Olympics theme...I watched ALL the swimming, of course...the rest, not so much. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails