Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Patriotic July Fun!

It's still July! I made it! I am so behind on uploading the fun things we've been doing this summer! Sorry!
Here's the 4th of July hairdo I did for my daughter. So dang cute!


For our neighborhood BBQ I brought two patriotic dishes! Since moving this was our first year at this annual get together. Both dishes were a huge hit and one neighbor said I was the new favorite neighbor with the goodies I brought.

Patriotic Strawberries
Strawberries
Vanilla melts
Blue sugar

Melt vanilla melts. Dip strawberries. Roll in sugar.

Patriotic Cake
In truth the original recipe I found for this cake uses a cake mix for the cake. I just couldn't do that for my first neighborhood BBQ. Instead my cake the Coconut Cake from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book. I then separated the batter into three bowls and dyed one bowl red and one blue and layered the batter so that the cake came out red, white, and blue. The topping is SO easy. I took a container of frosting and dyed one bowl red, one blue, and left one white. I put each one in the microwave for about 15 seconds to make the frosting runny. I took a fork and drizzled each color of frosting all over the cake and topped it with patriotic sprinkles!

2 comments:

  1. the braid star is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you would be my favorite neighbor as well...all of that is so pretty! I know there was a reason I had boys and not girls, and now I know why that was...I cannot do girl hair like that...wow wow wow, you are so creative and that is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails