Saturday, July 28, 2012

Modern Baker: Golden Cupcakes

The Modern Bakers are baking cakes now! Well, cupcakes. I made these little golden cupcakes awhile ago for a playdate at the park.

First, I think my baking powder has lost it's umph. After the cupcakes came out of the oven they all caved. So sad.
Luckily, the confectioners' sugar icing connected with the recipe covered up the hole. The cupcakes were good but not great. Four year olds are not picky though so they were devoured. I thought they were a little dry. The highlight was the icing! I've made buttercream icing like this before but for some reason this icing really stood out. Even my husband commented by saying it was "perfect birthday cake icing". I'm not sure the cupcakes are repeat (I highly prefer chocolate anyway) but I will be repeating this icing!

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is now supposed to be one of my official posts and I'm a little nervous. lol They look great all dolled-up. High praise for the birthday cake icing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails