Friday, May 18, 2012

Modern Baker: Blackberry Linzer Disks

The Modern Bakers are baking cookies, bars, and biscotti from the Modern Baker cookbook. The cookie dough uses ground up slivered almonds, cinnamon, and cloves which gives the cookie a nice flavor. They look much like a shortbread cookie would, but when you bite into them the nutty, cinnamon, and clove flavor makes the cookie really stand out.

These linzer disks were supposed to use raspberry preserves, but since I had blackberry on hand, I used it up. I love the little window and the confectioners' sugar finishing makes them so presentable. You'll want to drop by the neighbors with a few just so they can see you're pretty cookies.

2 comments:

  1. These are one of my favorite kinds of cookies, and yours look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, blackberry sounds so perfect to me right now...I am on a blackberry kick for some reason. Yours turned out beautifully. We really liked these...they will be on Christmas cookie trays this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails