Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rainbow Cupcakes

Our week has been all about rainbows! We're trying to trap a leprechaun so we can get his pot of gold and everyone knows leprechauns love rainbows. So, rainbow cupcakes are in order!
 I did it much like the Rainbow Cake I made a couple of years ago. Each girl helped mix a color.
And then we layered the batter into the cupcake liners.
And decorated!
Green icing with my "grass" Wilton tip.  The girls were not patient enough for adult decorating though so we made loopy grass, set in our rainbows (sour gummy rainbows from the candy aisle) and added clouds.
 Some rainbows needed a lot of clouds!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact that some cupcakes need lots of clouds. Helps me feel better about our cloudy, rainy weather these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear C and P,

    Your rainbow cupcakes are fabulous! They are so pretty and you did such a great job of decorating them! Very nice. I wish I had one right now!

    xo,
    Mrs. Gerth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails