Monday, February 27, 2012

Modern Baker: Lemon Poppy Seed Drops

It's another Modern Baker cookie! 

These little drop cookies are very simple yet require a few ingredients you may not have immediately on hand like poppy seeds, slivered almonds, and lemon zest. The basic cookie base is basic flour, eggs, sugar, butter, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.

Slivered almonds are incorporated into the batter and then each teaspoon drop full is rolled into almonds to finish.
I had a little helper help me roll and press the cookies.
The cookies were quite good, although very simple. I love poppy seeds and loved them in the cookie however the lemon flavor wasn't strong enough for me. I think next time I'll add a little of the juice from the lemon I zest. For others who like a simple, almost plain cookie these are quite good!

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of poppy seeds in cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the lemon...my favorite flavor, so I will up that a bit when I make them. I was sort of waffling on whether or not I was going to make these as I don't like poppy seeds getting stuck in my teeth, but maybe I will make a few and just try them out. You make a good case for them. And, btw, that "little" helper, isn't so little anymore...time is flying!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails