Thursday, February 9, 2012

Heart Cinnamon Rolls

A delicious cinnamon roll in the shape of a heart! What fun for Valentine's Day!! My girls and I made these on a rainy afternoon. They alternated between dancing around in their princess dresses and changing into every pair of pajamas they had. Then we all sat down and enjoyed a sweet treat!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Heart Cinnamon Rolls
I used my Grandma's Sticky Bun recipe for the dough. After the dough rose I rolled it out on the counter and added the filling.

For the filling I used:
2 Tbs butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbs cinnamon.

I spread the butter on the rolled out dough and then sprinkled the cinnamon sugar over the dough.

To make the heart:
Roll each long side inwards toward the middle. Once both sides meet, cut 1 inch rolls. Place each roll in an 8x8 pan and pinch the bottom to create the bottom of the heart.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Icing
1 Tbs butter, melted
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 Tbs milk

1. Mix together. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls. A thick icing consistency works nicely as it will melt slightly once it's on the warm rolls but won't melt completely.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and special. Wish I had one right now...they look that delicious. Love the Princess Pajama thing. xo for P&C

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails