Friday, February 10, 2012

Heart Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes

Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest? Well, I do. And thanks to Pinterest I was inspired to make these adorable cupcakes just in time for Valentine's Day! Check out the originator Glorious Treats.

I also made a huge (albeit obvious) revelation making these cupcakes. I was making a boxed cake mix (someday I'll get back to from-scratch cakes) and it occurred to me that I did not need 24 cupcakes. I only needed 12. Well, why not freeze half the batter! Yep, obvious and yet a revelation! And, as fate would have it the batter wasn't even in the freezer 24 hours. A good friend and her baby were suffering from an ear infection and pink eye. We made up a little cake (much like these cupcakes) and delivered it.
My favorite thing about these cupcakes (aside from the cuteness) is the maraschino cherry frosting. It was so delicious!
The cupcakes might look complicated, but they're quite easy. This pic was taken during our assembly.

Maraschino Cherry Frosting
1/2 cup of butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
2-3 drops red food coloring

Beat the butter. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and beat well. Add the remaining cup of powered sugar and then the maraschino cherries and food coloring.

Valentine's Day is right around the corner!!

1 comment:

  1. So cute...how do I follow you on Pinterest...I just joined very recently and am loving it! Kathryn Gerth so if you know how to find people (I haven't a clue), I'd love to follow your boards. I saw the cutest little panda bentos today made from rice mounds and black olive and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails