Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Modern Baker: Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chunk Bars

The Modern Bakers are baking up bars and cookies and these coconut pecan chocolate chunk bars really deliver! I took them to a party and not only was the plate emptied quickly but I've had three people ask me for the recipe.

They were super simple to make. One step I want to stress is the buttered foil covering the whole pan. I almost missed that little step and can only imagine the mess I would have had!

To begin the bars, you make simple cookie like crust and bake it. Then, you mix the coconut, pecans, and chocolate chunks together with lots of sugar and eggs. This mixture is spread on the crust and baked.

Each element really holds it's own and the tweaking possibilities are endless! Yay for super yummy bars that are a cinch to make!

3 comments:

  1. These were a big hit here! Yours look better than mine, mine were a little loose so not sure if I didn't cook it long enough or what...anyway, yours look wonderful. This will be a repeat often here as the guys just love them. This is a fun section of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really liked these, too. Yours look so good! It makes me want to make them again. Or better yet, come over, get a tour of your new kitchen, and let you make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bring the bread Phyl and I'll make the bars!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails