Sunday, January 8, 2012

Modern Baker: Caramel Crumb Bars

The Modern Bakers are in now in cookies, bars and biscotti section of the cookbook!

I did okay for my first attempt at these bars but I think I can do better. Sometimes you need to do a recipe once to learn the slight nuances of it. Okay, I'll give you that usually those nuanced recipes are more complicated than a simple bar- like meringue or candy.

The bars could have used about 5 more minutes of baking. The caramel was light and creamy and the crust very buttery. These bars were really quite delicious. I would have preferred the caramel flavor to be a bit stronger but others loved them as they were. Please remember to line the pan with foil. I forgot and had a bit of a time getting them out of the pan.

1 comment:

  1. How timely this post is as I was just thinking that I would make these after school today so Mark could have them in his lunches this week. We are finally out of Christmas cookies. Whew. Thanks for your tips. Yours look just beautiful as they are!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails