Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sweet Crepes

This tasty dessert crepe is begging for it's own tradition! We made these Thanksgiving morning and it seemed the perfect sweet treat to have mid-morning before the big meal at the end of the day.

I'd really like to say we've found a new Thanksgiving morning tradition, but that might mean waiting until next Thanksgiving to do these again and I'm just not sure I can wait that long!
We made our crepes with Nutella and strawberries and it was just as good as I remembered it at Karen's when she shared this recipe with me earlier this year. I topped ours off with whipped cream and powdered sugar.

My oldest asked for thirds of whipped cream (that's so me). My youngest smashed her hands in the whipped cream and finally came up to me with hands up "yucky". She wouldn't touch her crepe until all the offending whipped cream was removed from her plate (that's so my hubby). 
Yes, I licked the plate!


Sweet Crepes
Adapted From: Fairmount Neighborhood Farmers Market
Printable Recipe

1 cup flour
1 1/3 cups whole milk
3 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbs melted butter
Fruit or filling of your choice

1. Blend all the ingredients in a blender.

2. Melt butter in a nonstick pan. Pour a small ladle-sized amount of batter into the pan. Swirl the pan so that the batter just coats it. Let the batter cook until golden. Flip with a spatula.

3. As the second side cooks, add your choice of filling to one half of the crepe. Let the filling cook/melt slightly then flip the naked crepe side over the filling and serve.

Filling Ideas:
Jam, Sugar, Honey, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (Nutella), Whip Cream, Powdered Sugar, Raspberries, Strawberries, Bananas, Apples, Peaches
Check out Karen's ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I like the idea of servings these as a mid morning treat on Thanksgiving. I always forget that one has to eat something earlier in the day on Thanksgiving, and we often end up having something very uninspired like PB&J.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails