Friday, December 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Rollo Cookies

If there is any cookie that could rival my cocoa crinkle sandwich cookies, it would be these peanut butter rollo cookies- at least in my hubby's mind. I've been making these for years and they are his absolute favorite cookie. He very sweetly asked me to make them for the holiday plate this year.

We'll see if they actually make it on to the plate with the rate they're disappearing! Mental note for next year: make them last so they don't sit around too long!
Usually I roll them in regular sugar, but to give them a little more holiday spirit I rolled them in green sugar. Aren't they festive!
Rollo Cookies
Printable Recipe

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
24-40 rollos
Sugar for rolling

1. Cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and incorporate. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.

2. Take a small amount of dough and place a rollo in the middle. Roll the ball in sugar and place on a cookie sheet. (The 24-40 rolls is such a large range because it simple depends on how big you like your cookies and how much cookie you like around your rollo. I prefer smaller cookies so I usually use 40 or so rollos, but I have made them larger before.)

3. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on a wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. You are on a cookie baking roll! These look beautifully festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! These look so good, I want one now! :) Pinning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails