Thursday, November 3, 2011

Buttermilk Cottage Dill Bread

I've been watching my friend Phyl's Bread of the Month group on facebook for months now and had to join in this month! The bread sounded too intriguing to not participate! Just look at the the picture below. Would you ever imagine this is how you would start off to make bread!
Yes, that is cottage cheese, butter, and buttermilk.
All cooked together with minced onion and fresh dill.
Then the flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and yeast is sifted together. The two mixtures are combined and all the rising begins. My doughs needed some extra time and extra coaxing but they rose in the loaf pans and were baked.
The bread was so good! I can totally see this bread becoming a favorite in our house. Phyl also suggested using this bread for making stuffing. Great idea! If you don't eat it all before it has time to "dry out" for the crouton making.
You can get Phyl's recipe for Buttermilk Cottage Dill bread here!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on this, that last photo has my mouth watering as I just cannot wait to taste the combination of these flavors in a bread. Hopefully I can get to this one after the weekend. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Your process and finished product photos look fantastic. And I can attest: this makes the best stuffing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails