Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Deceptively Delicious Summer

We've been whipping up lots more Deceptively Delicious recipes this summer. Check out my post from the spring to see the first recipes we tried.

I must say that it's gotten a lot easier. I've even thrown purees into my own recipes! I think the most complicated part now is that I'll see a new recipe that I want to try but I won't have that puree on hand. Making a puree just for one recipe is a lot of work. I don't like that. The key I see is using purees often. I'm still working on that. We'll see if this sticks or was simply a fun experiment I tried for awhile.

Overall, I've been happy with the cookbook. I love Jessica's muffin recipes! Here's what else we've made recently.

Pancakes- sweet potato puree. Delicious!! We'll be doing these again as waffles!
Applesauce Muffins- sweet potato puree. The muffins were kind of plain to me, but the kids loved them. The crumble top is fantastic.
Egg Puffs- yellow squash puree. Utterly fantastic!
Green eggs- spinach puree. If you don't like cooked spinach (like me) just don't. Sorry Dr. Seuss, we won't be serving these for your birthday again.  Bring on the green food coloring next year!
Oatmeal- sweet potato puree. We don't eat much oatmeal at our house. I don't like oatmeal. (Although, I love oatmeal cookies.) The girls didn't eat much of this. I tried it and think it was probably one of the best oatmeals I've ever had, but I'm still just not an oatmeal person. If we ever decide to get into oatmeal, I'll start here again.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins- yellow squash puree. Kids- good! Me- Yum! A definite repeat! Like maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. All of these look really delicious. I'm surprised at the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails