Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baked Kale Chips

I've only recently discovered kale. Kale and bok choy where the two biggest veggie discoveries for me last year doing the CSA (community supported agriculture). I like sauteed kale but I could never get the kids to touch it.
I saw these on Smitten Kitchen over a year ago and have wanted to try them. My youngest has recently become addicted to nori. Trader Joes sells it in convenient little packages and she can eat a whole package in a sitting. I usually help her. The salty crunchiness is quite appealing. I thought she'd love kale chips too and I was right.
She ate two pans worth in a matter of minutes. Okay, to be fair there was a fair bit on her face, hands, and the floor too.
Baked Kale Chips
Adapted From: Smitten Kitchen
Printable Recipe

1 bunch kale
olive oil
salt (I prefer kosher)

Preheat oven to 300°. Remove stems and centers from kale leaves. Cut or tear into pieces. Toss with olive oil and salt. Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp. Cool.

3 comments:

  1. I keep seeing these! I know I'll try them at some point. They look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to make these as well. Kale isn't something that is usually on my radar at all. Certainly a worthy testimony from Miss P! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was inspired by the same smitten kitchen recipe and made these roasted kale as the base for a quinoa salad. Yum. I'll have to try offering them to the kids as a snack.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails