Saturday, July 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

Want an oatmeal cookie?

Wait, maybe a peanut butter cookie?

Well, what I'm really craving is coconut.

Look no further. These little drop cookies are practically healthy and a fun alternative to the classics.

Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted From: Daily Unadventures in Cooking
Printable Recipe 
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3 cups oats (half old fashioned, half quick oats)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
  2. Beat together oil and peanut butter. Then add in eggs, sugar, and vanilla and beat until mixed. Stir in coconut.
  3. In a separate bowl mix together oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir this into the peanut butter mixture. 
  4. Drop cookies onto pan and bake for 10 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Your cookies sound like they have it all. Yummy! I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a laugh at the practically healthy cookies. I was just at the grocery store and saw a packet of candy mint leaves that had in huge letters - 100% FAT FREE. Of course, that's because after the sugar there's no room for fat.

    Everything in moderation and I think I could over moderate these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at healthy! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed that you find time to bake anything like this with all the baking groups you are in. These look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails