Saturday, July 2, 2011

Food Tag!

Tag! I'm it!

Sara over at Three Clever Sisters just food tagged me. The rules are that you look through your recipes and find a menu for an upcoming holiday. You post the menu and tag 10 additional people. Technically I should have only included posts I have actual recipes up for, but I got swayed by some favorites in the dessert category.

Today is my daughter's 1/2 birthday! She's 3 1/2. I decided to put together a menu for a 1/2 birthday party. Yes, we celebrate 1/2 birthdays in our family. At least the kids do, so here's a menu that's fun for the whole family. (I just noticed that it's heavily bread and flour based. I think I might be craving carbs right now.)

I did a little twist on the menu idea and decided to do a menu for the whole day instead of just the main meal.

Now, tag! You're it!
Phyl, Kayte, Abby, Karen, AnneMarie, Amy, tease-spoon of sugar, Joy, yummychunklet, and Yuri.    

Breakfast. A choice.
Swedish Oatmeal Pancakes - Always a hit!
Baked French Toast - I didn't take any pics of my baked french toast. Trust me. It was delicious. Let me also recommend that you use some leftover challah for the bread!
Lunch
Pizza Margherita - Who doesn't love pizza!
Easy Pizza - And, if you're short on time, just grab any ol' dough at the market and let the kids make their own pizzas.
Snack Time
Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins - These muffins are a great afternoon treat.
Dinner. A choice.
Five Spice Roast Chicken with Ginger Scented Rice - A favorite of ours.
Swedish Meat Pies - Delicious and portable. Perhaps make them ahead of time and eat them at the park at dusk while the kids play.
Dessert. Have one of each.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Your selected dishes look so tasty! Okay, I'll be posting mine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all looks great! Happy 3.5 Miss C!! Let's see, my half birthday is October 21st so maybe I can come up with something for the tag by then. I am so far behind in posting who knows, but thanks for thinking of me! I want that pancake you show tomorrow morning...would that be possible for you to drop that by?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayte- I'm mixing up a batch of pancake batter now and I'll see you in the morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm cracking up at the 1/2 a year party. What a wonderful mother you are!

    This food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen- Thanks! The 1/2 birthday started on whim and we thought it would be fun to let the our daughter pick breakfast or dinner last year but it's so much fun to see their eyes light up. Kids love "birthdays".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time is slow for little kids so it's perfectly justified to do half birthdays. Do you sing the alice in wonderland song? (oops...I will be singing it in my head all day long now).

    I have my eye on those pancakes and the meat pies. (Both Swedish, somehow?!) Re the pies, I love incorporating the bread directly into the meal!

    Thanks for "playing"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great menu Renee (we love those pancakes). I accept the challenge and am starting to think of a harvest holiday menu. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails