Sunday, June 12, 2011

Modern Baker: Mango & Rice Tart

The Modern Bakers are baking their way through The Modern Baker cookbook and we're still in the sweet tarts and pies section! It's a tough job but somebody has to try all these tarts!

The next tart up is mango and rice tart. I love mango sticky rice at Thai restaurants. It's my favorite dessert. I knew I'd like this tart as soon as I saw it and I wasn't disappointed. I made a 1/4 recipe to fill two 4 1/2'' tarts.

I guess my only small complaint is that I really like the sticky rice and this rice isn't sticky, however it doesn't claim to be either so maybe I'm just wishing N.M had made it a mango and sticky rice tart. It's really a small complaint. Sweet rice is insanely easy to make and who doesn't love mangoes around the house! Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Thai mango and sticky rice is one of my favorite desserts too and to have it in pie form must be heavenly! I made a dessert with mango today too, and the post will be up in exactly 30 minutes (it's part of a blogging event). Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I have been skeptical of this one and pretty much decided I wasn't going to make it...yours does look pretty and tempting now, however...might have to change my mind. So pretty, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails