Saturday, June 25, 2011

Modern Baker: Lemony Cheese Tart with Sour-Cream Glaze

The next tart from the sweet tarts and pies section of The Modern Baker cookbook is lemony cheese tart. Like always I made a 1/4 recipe which filled two 4 1/2'' tarts.

This little tart is basically a little lemon cheesecake. After mixing cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, eggs, and sour cream together. I poured it into the tart pan and baked. It was good. I'm not saying it wasn't. But, after conducting a cheesecake showdown last year and crowning a winner, any cheesecake I make has quite a recipe to live up to. So, I'm saying it was good, but not the best I've ever had.
Have you ever seen the site Shit My Kids Ruined? It's a great laugh out loud site for any parent. (Another favorite LOL site is DamnYouAutoCorrect). This poor little tart could be an entry for me. I guess it's not that bad, but it hurt to see the little thing crumble under the hands of the toddler.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great and I love the minis. I just wasted a whole bunch of time on those little links to sites and giggled at them all. Tsk Tsk on me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails