Saturday, June 18, 2011

Modern Baker: Chocolate Orange Hazelnut Tart

I'm still baking sweet tarts and pies with my fellow Modern Bakers as we make our way through The Modern Baker cookbook. This chocolate orange hazelnut tart was a surprising hit for me.

I say surprising because I am usually not a huge fan of orange chocolate. I know tons of people love flavor in their chocolate, but I'm kind of boring in that I like my chocolate to just be chocolate. I was pleasantly surprised with this tart. The orange was not overpowering. It was light and mixed well with the chocolate and really well with the hazelnuts. I love hazelnuts. I dare say I think I liked this tart better than the divine Bittersweet Chocolate Tart from a few weeks ago.
It's a very small thing- but I so enjoyed doing the chocolate drizzle over the top too. Such fun and so divine!

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe you loved it more than the bittersweet...now that says a lot! I made this for a party over a year ago, but maybe I should make a mini again...you know, just for comparison's sake. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so perfectly executed! Love the little mini...such fun to make those. Happy to hear you found something you liked that you thought you wouldn't...guys here loved it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I saw the picture of your tart on another website. Do you sell your images?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails