Friday, May 20, 2011

Modern Baker: Pumpkin-Pecan Buttermilk Tart with Cinnamon Whipped Cream

This next section of Sweet Tarts and Pies in the Modern Baker group is very dangerous. All of the tarts look incredible and yet I cannot have a whole tart sitting around this house every few days! Abby and I had the same idea to downsize the tarts.
For most of the tarts in this section my game plan is to make 1/4th of a recipe. This will fill two 4 1/2'' tart pans. This is the perfect size for a taste without having massive leftovers and after tasting just a few of these tarts I can tell you that they are absolutely-cannot-put-down delicious!

I love pumpkin pie. I look forward to it every year at Thanksgiving and this pumpkin-pecan buttermilk tart did not disappoint. It was light and creamy and the pecans were a great addition. The real show stopper of this dish was the whipped cream. Cinnamon whipped cream. It went perfect with the pumpkin pie and it was a true revelation for me.

This tart gives you a strong excuse to pass up seconds during the next holidays. You must save room for this pie!

I made one batch of the sweet tart dough and it made six 4 1/2'' tarts. I love this tart dough. It rolls out easily and tastes great. Another huge favorite and good basic to have in my baking repertoire.  The 1/4 recipe of each tart allowed me to make three different tarts on one day. Stay tuned for more yummy tarts!
Sour-cream Apple Tart, Bourbon-Scented Pecan Tart, Pumpkin-Pecan Tart

3 comments:

  1. The sour cream apple tart sounds dreamy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo, with 2 of each tart! Somehow looks just as dangerous to me though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little selection tray of tarts you have there. I am not a pumpkin fan, but Mark is (I could possibly fit into the picky category with food items, okay, definitely fit in)...Mark thought it was good, but still prefers the more traditional pumpkin pie and without the nuts. Yours looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails