Thanks for the recipe Katharine!
Aspen Power Bars
1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs light brown sugar
Heaping ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ tsp kosher salt
¾ cup nuts or sunflower seeds
¾ cup powdered milk
½ cup raisins (optional)
½ cup dried cranberries
3 Tbs butter
¼ cup honey
½ cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbs raspberry jam
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, coconut, salt, nuts, powdered milk, raisins, and cranberries.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the honey, peanut butter, vanilla extract and jam until melted and fully incorporated. Remove from heat.
4. Pour the melted ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until fully mixed.
5. Press the mixture into the pan, compressing as much as possible . (Lay some plastic wrap over the top and then press down on the mixture. It doesn’t stick and keeps your hands clean!) Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars.