Friday, April 8, 2011

{FFwD} Garlicky Crumb-Coated Broccoli

It's French Friday's with Dorie again and this week we're making garlicky crumb-coated broccoli. We love broccoli at this house, well, at least we did. The three year old has suddenly decided she doesn't like broccoli anymore, but that's a finicky toddler for you.

This recipe takes steamed broccoli and rolls it in a buttery bread crumb goodness with parsley and lemon zest. I think the best way to describe this dish is by my first words upon eating it, "Oh wow". This recipe takes broccoli to the next level! I'll definitely be repeating this dish.

12 comments:

  1. I had the same "wow" reaction! Totally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I wasn't going to make this one because we all love broccoli, as in we eat it maybe 4 times a week love broccoli, and with that sort of track record, steamed broccoli only, I really really hate to mess with it. Why ruin a perfectly good, low calorie, easy, delicious thing with something there is a chance that someone might like better and request all the time? Hmmmm...everyone who has made it seems to be enjoying it...now I have to decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to tell you, but my 15 year old daughter changes her likes as much as she did when she was a "wee one" :-(

    Glad you enjoyed it! Maybe someday she'll come back into the "broccoli fold".

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Oh wow" was a good way to describe this dish. Too bad your toddler is missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the up close and personal shot. Who knew broccoli could be so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely a "wow" recipe! I'm glad you liked it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this recipe so much, I ate the leftover crumbs by the spoonful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree...Oh wow might be the perfect comment for this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo! Glad most everyone liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nana and I just loved this one and were both surprised by how simple ingedients elevated this one to "magical". This was absolutely outstanding. I like broccoli but was eating this like it was candy. Can't get better than that ! PS- I chuckle every time I see your blog header...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was really good :) I think we all liked this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails