Friday, March 11, 2011

{FFwD} Begger's Linguine

As I jump back into cooking, I am so excited to see what is going on over at French Friday's with Dorie. This week's recipe is begger's linguine and it was fantastic! 

The linguine is tossed with browned butter, pistachios, almonds, figs, and lots of Parmesan cheese. I omitted the raisins. Those that have read my blog in the past will understand why. It certainly was not on the healthy side with the amount of butter and Parmesan cheese included, but it tasted delicious and was super easy to throw together. I'm sure with a few modifications I could get this recipe to within more healthful standards, but I also wonder why I'd take the time to do that. Instead, I should just plan for this to be a 'heavy' meal and plan accordingly for the week! Dorie includes grated orange zest and I personally was not a fan of the zest. I'd omit it next time or perhaps try lemon zest, a zest I'm much more fond of.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! Raisins seem to be a tough one for a lot of people, don't they? It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also omitted the raisins! They've had their chance to impress me and they've failed every time! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! We loved this...so different and unique. I did it all as she wrote it, but I did use the golden raisins as she said those were really good, and they were. They aren't like the dark raisins so maybe you would like them. I am thinking this would be a nice side for chicken or pork, the flavors seem to me to be great with those. Welcome back...I want to do better by this group as I do believe Dorie just really knows what I like and seems to put a lot of it in her books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Everyone can use a bit of indulging from time to time, especially when this dish is so easy to put together. I have to admit that I used golden raisins because I'm not a fan of the 'regular' ones. Must have had too many of those as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time I make this I will use half of the butter it calls for. I used chopped parsley and pomelo zest, it worked really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours looks so good. With all of these positive comments, maybe I should try again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top picture looks delicious! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks gorgeous! Interesting you didn't like the zest. I found it totally made the dish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails