Wednesday, December 15, 2010

MSC: Candied Sweet Potato Cupcakes

I opted not to do this month's Martha Stewart Cupcake. I'm not a fan of fruitcake. These cupcakes were last November's cupcake and I've been itching to try them.

The cupcake is a sweet potato cupcake. Fantastic! Seriously! Better than pumpkin in my opinion! I used two sweet potatoes. Cooked them until soft and seeping. Removed skins. Mashed. Added to batter.
There were two toppings for this cupcake. One was the marshmallow. I grouped marshmallows on my baking sheet and broiled them for a couple of minutes. I then gingerly moved each mound to a cupcake. 

The second topping was candied pecans. My candied pecans did not turn out right. My sugar turned dry and into crystals instead of syrup. What did I do wrong? Too much heat maybe? Regardless, I added the pecans and the results were still good! Little sugar pockets attached to pecans!

Fantastic cupcakes!

1 comment:

  1. I opted out also as we are not big fruitcake lovers here either, oh, well, not every recipe can be a hit with everyone, right? I love the little marshmallow tops you made, those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails