Monday, December 20, 2010

Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

The minute I saw these cookies on Joy the Baker's blog in June I knew I had to make them. I didn't know it would take me this long, but as I was preparing my cookie plate for this holiday I immediately thought of these cookies. They were the perfect addition.
A few years ago we switched to an all natural peanut butter. It took a little getting used to at first and the fact it had to be mixed by hand upon opening to incorporate the oil was a pain, but now the staple peanut butters like Skippy and Jiff taste odd to me. I love the natural stuff. I prefer chunky. My husband prefers creamy. I guess it's one of those little marriage compromises that I most often buy the creamy.
 Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Adapted From: Joy the Baker
Printable Recipe
1 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
About 1/4 cup any fruit preserves-any you fancy

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes.  Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes.  The dough will be crumbly.  Roll into teaspoon sized balls and make a small indentation in the center of the dough ball with your pointer finger. Fill the depression with fruit preserves. Bake for 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

1 comment:

  1. These are very cute. I have the only guys in the world who will not eat peanut butter...but, that doesn't mean I am not going to make some of these as I LOVE peanut butter! And jelly. Thanks, stealing this recipe as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails