Friday, December 3, 2010

{FFwD} Sweet and Spicy Cocktail Nuts

French Fridays with Dorie has some great recipes for December! These cocktail nuts looked very intriguing to me.

The ingredients are possibly worrisome for some people. Chili powder is the main spice used. I was worried the nuts would be too spicy. The crowd I was bringing these to are not all spicy loving people (well, except for one for two who consider Tabasco a condiment staple.) Some of the others consider mild salsa too spicy. Would these nuts be crowd pleasing?
These nuts are one of the best things I've made this year! They were fantastic! And, don't worry spicy-phobia people. They really aren't that spicy (I did use mild chili powder too!)

Dorie recommends transferring each nut by hand to wiping off the excess egg white. Busy moms like me don't have time for one-nut-at-a-time. I did the dump-and-see-what-happens approach. I did bake it a bit longer to dry out all the egg white and they nuts did stick together more than they would have, but they still tasted good!

These nuts are so good I'd almost consider throwing a party just to share them.

2 comments:

  1. They look so pretty in that little bowl. I read about that one nut at a time thing on Phyl's site and thought, "Yeah, right..." not happening here either. But I am going to make the nuts, so was nice to hear they aren't all that spicy as I am not a big spicy-loving-nut. Vanilla ice cream is my favorite...just how boring I am. Your nuts look great. (I wrote that on Phyl's post and then had to clarify that...it just didn't sound right saying it to a guy and all, lol.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails