Monday, November 15, 2010

MSC: Marshmallow Turkey Cupcakes

November's Martha Stewart Cupcakes Club cupcake is perfect for this festive month!

The chocolate cupcakes and swiss meringue buttercream frosting were just part of the needs for this cupcake decorating project. I do have one question for Martha- where on earth do you find toasted coconut marshmallows? After hitting two stores, I gave up and brought the regular ones.

Toasting the coconut was so simply. And, made the house smell delicious!
We then got down to serious decorating. I prepped the turkey heads with eyes and a mouth. As I frosted each cupcake, Charlotte would then place each head on the cupcake, put in the tail feathers, and sprinkle on the coconut. 

We had so much fun and I will definitely be doing these again in future years!

10 comments:

  1. Adorable! It looks like you had a great time decorating. I couldn't find the marshmallows either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too had difficulty tracking down those specialty marshmallows! And I wish I had thought to use my Silpat for the coconut- I had some well-done flakes...

    Such a fun, cute cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the turkeys with the bigger eyes. Are those mini chocolate chips? I went to a bunch of stores too and ended up finding the coconut marshmallows at wallmart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chocolate chips made great eyes! How did you get them to stick? Thanks for baking with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I'll have to try these with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walmart! I didn't think to look there for marshmallows. I got the eyes to stick using the same method of poking the marshmallow with a wet toothpick. I then stuck the tip side in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Wish I had done them with you when you were a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute! I think the regular marshmallow heads look better than the toasted ones

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome! I definitely wish I'd made these now instead of sitting out this month. I'll get around to them someday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job. They are very cute...I am not a fusser so I just did not get to these, but now that I see yours and how cute they are, maybe I should throw a few together for the kiddos for the Thanksgiving buffet...might do that. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails