Friday, November 26, 2010

{FFwD} Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux

The French Fridays with Dorie November recipe I couldn't wait to do was this one- Roast Chicken for Lazy People! That's for me.

The chicken was so easy to make. I simply seasoned it with salt and pepper, stuffed it with garlic, rosemary and thyme, and set it all in a saute pot I forgot I owned. I love finding great finds in the back of cabinets!

I roasted the chicken for 45 minutes, added shallots and carrots to the pot, and roasted it for an additional 45 minutes. The chicken was delicious! The vegetables were delicious! And, the bread at the bottom of the pan was too good to share.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. This was a great recipe. So easy and delicious. Next time, try the liver!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Don't listen to Phyl...leave out the liver!! lol. I am calling it a day on the pumpkin thing and the semolina cake this month, no one here was interested in either so I figure I am just going to make life easy and only do the recipes from now on that the guys are actually going to eat. Why it took me so long to come to this decision is anyone's guess, I have no idea. Great job on the bird!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails