Friday, November 26, 2010

{FFwD} Potato Gratin

I had not initially intended on making this dish. November is a crazy month and I only planned to tackle two of the French Fridays with Dorie recipes. But, after Phyl, Kayte and Anne Marie all gave it beyond rave reviews, I knew I had to do it.
The recipe was so simple. I wish I'd had was a slicer for the potatoes. I cut them by hand and I think I did a decent job, but in this house my husband routinely teased me for mangling the cheese block when I go at it with knife.
Potatoes, cream, some herbs, and Gruyere cheese. Does it get any better? Nope. My fellow bloggers were right. This recipe was worth the work! I have a feeling leftovers will be amazing as well.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I think your husband should buy you a mandoline slicer for Christmas, since he teases you about your slicing abilities. It's especially great for this recipe, as you are able to slice the potatoes paper thin in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, this was one really great recipe. I had to make it again for the pitch-in Thursday and people were swooning, I do believe. Yours looks particularly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails