Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cream Wafers

My dear friend Jincy has a fantastic wine and cheese party each summer. She sets up stations of paired wines and cheeses throughout her backyard garden. Each year, I find my husband lurking around the dessert table throughout the night. (She also hand makes a whole assortment of desserts.)

These cream wafers are his favorite. Jincy is so sweet and often sends him home with a little doggie bag of wafers she saved for him.

I've earned myself big wife points. I got the recipe and I made it for him during this particularly crazy week.

I was astonished at how utterly simple the recipe is. Five ingredients total between the cookie and frosting. Five.

Make them! Perhaps you too will earn big points with those you love when you serve them these little cookies from heaven.

Note: Often Jincy frosts the bottom and puts two together like a sandwich. I couldn't find my small cookie cutters so I made larger cookies and frosted the top this time.

Cream Wafers
From: Jincy
Printable Recipe

1 cup butter
1/2 cup whipped cream
2 cups flour

Mix until blended roll out on floured surface to about 1/8 in thick cut into round or other small shapes. After you put everything on cookie sheet then you sprinkle sugar all over the top of dough then prick each with a fork and bake at 375 for 7-9 min.

Frosting
1/4 cup butter soften
1 cup powered sugar
1T cream
1 tsp almond extract

Mix well.

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that I am going to regret learning how to make these. These sound like just the thing for this non-chocolate loving gal, don't you think? I think! They look so dainty and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails