Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Soup

I've promised to share my failures as they come along.

This pumpkin soup I made for my daughter's first birthday went perfectly with our Pumpkin Patch birthday theme. And, it's served in a carved out pumpkin which is super cute!
I found two recipes and took from each to create this soup. I tasted it. Yuck. It tasted like pumpkin puree. I added more spices and tried again. Nope. Not good.

There's not much I could do as people were arriving in 5 minutes, so I poured it into the pumpkin and asked the guests (all family and friends who are up for an adventure) to taste it and tell me what I did wrong or what it needs.

And, the verdict- just salt. People liked the soup in fact. I got out the salt, pepper, and cinnamon and people doctored up their bowls and ate it up. I tasted it again later with more salt and still didn't like it.

I'm not sure I like pumpkin soup. Maybe I just need a fancier pumpkin soup. The recipe I tried was pretty basic. Nicole at PinchMySalt just posted a Spicy Pumpkin Soup with Cilantro Pepita Pesto. Maybe I need to try that one!
Happy Halloween Everyone!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails