Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Potato Vegetable Casserole

This is a 2 for 1 recipe post!

Don't you just love recipes that can be easily substituted. That is almost the purpose of a casserole in my opinion. My mother-in-law made this dish this summer and we so enjoyed it I thought I would make it one night. However, as I went through my fridge I realized we were missing a few ingredients. So, I substituted... and substituted.... and substituted.

Potato Vegetable Casserole
Printable Recipe
(My Way)
7 potatoes, sliced
2 zucchini
3 roma tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c cheddar cheese

In a small bowl, mix herbs and salt and pepper together. Layer 3/4ths of the potatoes in the bottom of a greased 8x8 pan. Top with zucchini and tomatoes. Sprinkle herb mixture on top. Layer the remaining potatoes. Spread oil over pan and top with cheese. Bake at 400 for an hour or until potatoes are tender.

(Her Way)
4lbs potatoes cut into 1/8 " slices
11/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper 3 yellow peppers cut into 1/2" slices
1 lb. plum tomatoes cut into 1/4" slices
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp dried oregano
4 large cloves of fresh garlic minced
1/4 c of olive oil
1/4 c parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 4 quart shallow baking dish then layer one third potatoes1/3 pepper and salt ...half of the peppers....half of the tomatoes...half the herbs and garlic.........Repeat this layering process. Top with a layer of potatoes then drizzle with oil. Bake 1 hour. Sprinkle with the parmesan and bake 5 more minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Both the ways look/sound great to me! This is such a great dish for the upcoming winter, I am marking it to try...thanks...I can do two different versions and come up with one of my own...that's a lot of miles for one recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your way of cooking sweet potato. I try it!
    I love your site. I have added your site to my site. Please link my site to your site. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails