Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Modern Baker: Cornmeal Buttermilk Waffles

This is my second attempt at these waffles. The first time I left out a key ingredient- baking soda. Trust me, you really need it.

Another Modern Baker winning recipe! I remember as a kid my stepmom used to make pancakes from a cornbread mix. I loved them and thought I'd probably love these too. I sure did! I mixed the simple batter together the night before and the next morning we had delicious waffles. 

I will definitely make these again, especially seeing both Phyl and Kayte make Belgium waffles out of them! I need myself a Belgium waffle maker now!

1 comment:

  1. I made these for my girl scouts and they loved them. The only waffle that I had left to photograph was the one that I forgot in the oven :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails