Friday, October 1, 2010

{French Fridays with Dorie}: Gougeres

Yes, I joined another group. No, I'm not insane. I'm just having fun.

French Fridays with Dorie is cooking their way through Dorie Greenspan's new book Around My French Table. The group spun off from the Tuesday's with Dorie baking group and is just beginning. October is the first month and in fact, this month's recipes were chosen by Dorie herself!!!

A new recipe is chosen for each Friday and we can cook and blog whichever ones we'd like. I know I won't be able to cook every week, but I'm definitely going to try and complete all the October recipes since the author chose them. Here we go!
The first recipe is gougeres. I'm still a little unclear on how to pronounce them, but I'm not unclear at all at how much I like them. These were fantastic and so easy! It's simply heating and whipping together milk, water, butter, and flour. Then adding eggs and grated cheese (I used Gruyere) and baking them.
These were light and fluffy with a fantastic combo of melted cheese flavor and small pieces of grated cheese still visible. A definite crowd pleaser! I can't wait to cook more French food!

6 comments:

  1. your gougeres look so pretty! i have no idea how to pronounce their name either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goo - Zshair! Yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious. You look to be addicting to baking and blogging, your house must smell delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in this group as well, so will really enjoy baking with you in yet another group...and no we are not insane, we are just having fun!! Love that. These look wonderful, am going to try to make them today and get caught up a bit around here with blog reading/commenting. I am woefully behind...get ready for an onslaught of comments over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weren't these insanely delicious?!? I've made them about 4 times already. And I have requests, make that orders, to have them at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails