Saturday, September 18, 2010

Modern Baker: Elegant Dinner Rolls

I wanted to get in one more bread recipe before the Modern Bakers move onto the next section. October-December will feature Yeast-Risen Specialties: Sweet & Savory. Stay tuned because there are some yummy looking things to come!
The Elegant Dinner Rolls were the perfect match with dinner tonight- soup. Soup for all the runny noses and hacking coughs at our house. Welcome to cold season.
Instead of mixing the dough in a food processor, I used my KitchenAid mixer and then used the dough hook to mix it further for 4-5 minutes. From there I put it in an oiled bowl and let it rise. The dough doubled and I shaped the rolls. I've discovered that I do a lot better with pictures. Malgieri's description of how to form the balls was confusing to me so I just winged it and I think they turned out just fine.
They were delicious and easy to make. I can definitely see myself making them again although they really are best the first day so don't make too many extras.

1 comment:

  1. We loved these so much. I am going to make these often, I think, as my guys really love rolls with dinner. Yours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails