Tuesday, August 31, 2010

CSA Update

I joined my first CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) this summer. I joined hopeful and excited to try new things and I haven't been let down!

Kale, collards, bok choy, and walla walla onions have been a few unexpected favorites. The fresh strawberries, blueberries, carrots, and tomatoes are fantastic. I think the one thing we've had trouble using up is the green onion.

It's been a fantastic experience. I want to say it's inspired me to hit the farmer's markets more, but I must admit I love just showing up and collecting my box. No decisions. No crowds. Just good food every time.

1 comment:

  1. I did it for a year and then got sidetracked, need to hook up again for next year. Love the shot of all your goodies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails