Saturday, July 10, 2010

MSC: S'mores Cupcakes

 
These cupcakes are the best thing I've had in quite some time. I love s'mores. They are the single best thing about camping. Finding the right stick. Whittling it down just right. Roasting the marshmallows to that perfect point of golden brown, and then finally smashing the sticky gooey hot marshmallow between two graham crackers and a hunk of chocolate. I have a lifetime of memories involving s'mores and I wasn't too sure how I'd feel about the faux s'more experience in this cupcake. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. These cupcakes are fabulous!
The cupcake batter uses graham flour. Martha says it's available in health food stores but I opted to just go a simpler route and pulverized some graham crackers. I had some leftover Euphoria Chocolate Ultra Chocolate Sauce which I used for the ganache. Why make your own when you have the best in town already in the fridge!
After making homemade peeps this marshmallow topping was easy and fun. I love that making my own marshmallow is just part of my repertoire now. These were another fantastic cupcake and I'm already trying to figure out when I can make them again. These are definitely cupcakes that need to be shared with everyone I know.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, they look so cute all lined up and in their finery! You did a great job on these. I was thinking of making this month's flourless ones tomorrow so I would have them done on time and ready to post. I have never made anything like this flourless before, so this will be an adventure. Your Smores cupcakes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me when you make them; I'll swing by and eat one (and only one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...in which case, I'm glad that I know you. Share away! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails