Thursday, July 15, 2010

MSC: Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes

Lauryn from Bella Baker chose Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes for the July Martha Stewart Cupcake Club. I must admit I was skeptical of these cupcakes. They didn't look very exciting. Martha suggests serving them with ice cream which I didn't have on hand and didn't want to buy seeing as the Daring Baker's challenge this month, which I'll be starting soon, involves some ice cream (only hint you'll get until the reveal on the 27th!).
I've never made flourless cake before. It was easy enough to mix together as it's basically whipped egg whites folded with a chocolate mixture. The cracking tops were unexpected, as were the little mini cake that were light as air beneath the crumbling tops.
They were like little chocolate treasures protected in little cocoons. I now understand why even a non-gluten intolerant person would choose a flourless cake. I made mine into little chocolate strawberry shortcakes and enjoyed them thoroughly.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that photo of it in your hand, I was trying to think how to show what one really looked like, this is perfect! Great photos on all of it. Guys here loved them, they ate a dozen yesterday, which is all I made, so who knows how many they would have eaten if I had made the whole recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcakes look perfect!!! I am so glad you gave these a try and that you enjoyed them so much!! Thanks for baking with me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcakes do look perfect! I couldn't get mine to crack on top, but they did sink like the recipe said they would. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally think whipped cream was the way to go. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine didn't turn out so tasty...

    Yours look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails