Saturday, July 17, 2010

Modern Baker: Turkish Flatbread

My next Modern Baker bread is the Turkish Flatbread. Malgieri has you use a food processor to mix the dough. I'm sure that works well for most others, but having just gotten into cooking, I only have a little mini prep. I made a half batch so I could fit all the flour in the bowl, but the combining of the ingredients did not go well. The flour just didn't incorporate fully and I had dry stiff spots of flour throughout the dough. I tried to mix it more with my hands, but didn't have the time I needed to fully work the dough so it stayed a bit unmixed in spots.
I liked the dough right out of the oven, but there wasn't anything very special about the bread. I'd be hard pressed to not a like any warm dough right out of the oven though. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't very interesting either and I don't think I'll be doing this recipe again.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear your review on this. I have been so bad about wanting to turn on the oven on these hot days...we are having record breaking heat here...but I was looking forward to this one so it will be interesting to see how it goes. We are in the beginning of swim championship meets for my son for the next three weeks, so who knows if I will get to it before the middle of August...in the meantime, will enjoy seeing all your efforts over here. The bread looks fun and interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails