Monday, July 12, 2010

BBA: Cinnamon Raisin Walnut Bread

The ninth bread of the BBA Challenge is Cinnamon Raisin Walnut Bread. I ask yet again- why oh why do people ruin good bread with raisins! I seriously considered omitting the raisins, but decided to follow the recipe and simply pass on the bread to Austin's coworkers. However, I had to try a slice myself so I could report back.
I had one small mishap with the bread. I began by getting the egg, butter, buttermilk, water, raisins, and walnuts together and measured out. As I was grabbing for the flour, I decided to do this recipe by weight instead of volume. I pulled out my scale and weighed by flour, sugar, salt, yeast, and cinnamon. I'm sure I was then distracted by one of the kids and when I came back I proceeded to just add the other ingredients already measured out. So, half of the bread was weighed and half of it was done by volume.
I opted to do the cinnamon swirl as well. Anything to help those raisins! After my cinnamon buns experience I used less cinnamon sugar and I think I didn't use enough. The bread was good, but you couldn't see the swirl that much and more cinnamon sugar would not have hurt!
I actually liked the bread, but I wouldn't choose to make it again. I picked around the raisins, but the flavor of the bread, walnuts, and cinnamon was pretty good. Austin reported that the work crowd loved it.

2 comments:

  1. I would love it, it looks great to me, and there never was a thing as too many raisins around here...we are a raisin loving family! Your bread looks wonderful and I can see the swirl, soft and gentle and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bread looks awesome, including the raisins, actually. I'm one of those rare people that loves fruit and nuts in bread.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails