Saturday, June 26, 2010

MSC: Tres Leche Cupcakes

Another previous Martha Stewart cupcake from the MSC Club.
I wasn't too sure about it after I read some of the reviews, but Kayte had a great idea and served hers with strawberries. I love strawberry shortcake so I decided the next time I got fresh strawberries I'd make these cupcakes to compliment them.
The cupcakes were basically whipped egg whites with flour and sugar added. After they come out of the oven, you poke holes in them and spread a milk mixture (condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream) over them. I wasn't a huge fan of the wet cupcake that resulted. I probably will never do these again. Adding the strawberries was a great addition, but there are other "shortbreads" I'd rather try to go with my strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails