Sunday, May 30, 2010

Modern Baker: Butterscotch Scones, The Encore

I know exactly where to lay the blame for this encore- Abby of Stir it! Scrape it! She also forgot to use salted butter her first time making these scones and she decided to give them another try with salted butter and then added chocolate chips to the butterscotch chips this time! What a little temptress! She declared that her "take 2" scones were even better than the first batch.
So, yes I HAD to go buy salted butter, yes I HAD to add chocolate chips, and yes I HAD to make them again.

Yep, Abby was right. They can get even better.

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny. I made them today and resisted all your sirens calling me to add those chips! I wanted to see what the original recipe was meant to taste like. Maybe next time I will add the chips and see how that all goes. Yours look so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails