Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms

Even though I'm spending a lot of time nurturing my love of baking, I still want to learn to cook too. Raw chicken and I are more friendly these days, but we're still not the best of friends. My friend Katharine gave me a collection of her favorite recipes. I've shared a few already and here is another one.

I really liked the marinade for the chicken and the mushrooms were great too. Even though I love balsamic, I think next time I'll use less on the mushrooms. I love sauteed mushrooms and felt the balsamic competed a bit too much with them.

Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms
From: Katharine Gallagher
Printable Recipe
2 Tbs oil
3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dijon or spicy mustard
2-5 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
1 lb chicken breasts, cut into 4 oz pieces
2 c mushrooms, sliced or halved
1/3 c chicken broth or dry white wine
1/4 tsp dried thyme
2 T sour cream (optional)

1. Heat oil in skillet.

2. Mix 2 Tbs vinegar, mustard, and garlic in bowl. Add chicken and coat. Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet. Saute until cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.

3. Heat remaining oil. Saute mushrooms for 1 min. Add broth/wine, thyme, and vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are brown and soft.  Stir in sour cream if using.

4. Top chicken with mushrooms and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails