Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pecan Tassies

Grandma recipe. Oh boy did I mess these up. This picture is the one that came out perfectly, but all others looked a bit like this.
At least I know what I did wrong for next time and we were able to salvage them by just using a spoon and just eating them out of the pan. I didn't mess up the taste aspect, just the de-panning aspect. I didn't anticipate how much the filling could not touch the sides of the pan or be in a position to bubble over the edges of the crust and create a big cooked sugar sticky mess.

These are yummy little treats though. I certainly didn't mind spooning one out eat time I wanted one.

Pecan Tassies
From: Grandma Goodwin
Printable Recipe
1 3oz package cream cheese
1 stick butter, plus 1 Tbs
1 c flour
1 egg
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c chopped pecans, divided

1. Soften cream cheese and 1 stick of butter to room temperature. Blend. Add flour. Mix.

2.Shape into 24 balls. Chill. Press into small muffin pans to shape covering all sides and bottom well.

3. Filling: Beat together eggs, sugar, 1 Tbs butter, vanilla and salt until smooth. Place 1/2 of the pecans in the bottom of the cups. Divide the filling into the cups. Top with remaining pecans.

4. Bake 30 min at 325. Cool in pan. Freeze well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails