Monday, April 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Blossoms

This cookie recipe was found in my mom's recipe box and credited to my dad's mom. Austin loves peanut butter cookies so I gave them a try. I liked them a lot because they were more of a chocolate chip cookie texture than a classic peanut butter cookie texture. I find peanut butter cookies too dry and brittle for my taste often. Rolling the cookies in sugar pre-baking gives the cookie a great sweet crust.

I didn't have any chocolate pieces as I didn't notice that detail in the recipe until after I was making them, so I made do with some milk chocolate chips I had leftover.

Peanut Butter Blossoms
From: Grandma Blackburn
Printable Recipe
Sift together:
1 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Cream together:
1/2 c butter
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar

Add 1 beaten egg
2 Tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla

Blend in dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Shape into balls. Roll in sugar. Place on baking sheets and bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and place a solid chocolate candy (stars are fun) on top of each cookie pressing down so that the cookie cracks around the edge. Return to oven and bake 2-5 minutes longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails