Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pasta with Cauliflower and Sausage

Kielbasa sausage and I are starting to become more friendly. I've never been a huge fan of sausage, but I've used it in a few recipes and enjoyed it. I'm not really sure why, but the kielbasa sausage just seems less fatty or something. It's more like a fancy hot dog. Well, that could be disturbing in it's own right.

This was a simple fun dinner to make and very yummy. I made it early for myself and the girls and as I was cleaning up and setting the rest aside for Austin, I found myself going back for seconds with a fork right into the skillet pan.

Pasta with Cauliflower and Sausage  
From: Katharine Gallagher 
1 head of cauliflower, trimmed into florets
1/4 c olive oil
1 or 2 T minced garlic
1/2 lb kielbasa sausage
hot pepper (optional)
1 lb pasta of choice
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese to taste
Minced parsley for garnish

1. Bring pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets. Cook until cauliflower is tender but not soft.

2. In a deep skillet heat oil, garlic, hot pepper (if using), and sausage. Cook until garlic is golden.

3. Add cauliflower to skillet and heat on medium. Stir and mash the cauliflower until it is hot and very soft.

4. Cook the pasta. When draining the pasta, reserve 1 cup of cooking water. Add the pasta to the skillet and toss. Add salt, pepper, and Parmesan, along with some of the pasta cooking liquid to keep the dish from drying out. Garnish and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails