Saturday, April 10, 2010

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

What do you do if you have a chocolate chip cookie craving and write a food blog? Well, find a twist on the chocolate chip cookie so you can blog about them and thus make them guilt free! I searched the cupboards, found coconut and went from there. Looking back now, I could have searched more and perhaps created an even more unique cookie, but that would have slowed the cookie making process and some nights- you just need the cookies made.  (At least the cookie dough made. I love cookie dough!) 

The Cookie Discussion:
Me: I need your help.
Austin: Sure.
Me: I need you to give me a reason not make chocolate chip cookies tonight.
Austin: Do you need anything at the store? Because I'll got get it for you.

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printable Recipe

1 c butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips
1 c coconut

1. Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, beat well.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut. Bake 350 for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails