Monday, April 5, 2010

Cheesecake Showdown: Cheesecake #1

It's time for a Cheesecake Showdown! I have three cheesecake recipes, none of which I've done. In fact, I've never made a cheesecake before. The showdown is simple. I make all three cheesecakes and then invite family and friends over to taste them all. Everyone will vote and at the end, one cheesecake will be named the winner.
Cheesecake #1 recipe is a from the relative of a family friend. I've had this recipe in my recipe box for many years, so someone along the way must told me it was a winner for me to write it down and keep it.

There sure is a lot of cream cheese in cheesecake!
Cheesecake
From: Patty's Aunt
Printable Recipe
Crust:
1 1/2 c graham cracker
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c melted butter

Filling:
3- 8oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
4 eggs

Topping:
1 c sour cream
1/4 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla

1. Make crust and press into bottom of pan.

2. Blend cream cheese, sugar, and salt. Beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla and lemon.

3. Pour into pan. Bake 350 for 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes and then add topping.

4. Combine sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Spread on top and bake on 450 for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails